Paver Tips for Your Next Home DIY Project
December 8, 2022
Pavers are some of the most widely used materials in DIY landscaping projects, and they come in a wide variety of styles, shapes, colors, textures, and sizes. If you’re curious about using pavers for your next DIY project, the tips below will provide you with some inspiration and ideas.
What is a Paver?
“Paver” is the term used to describe paving stones, which are made from materials like natural stone, bricks, or rock. They’re used for creating natural-looking walkways, patios, or even pool decks, but there’s nothing that you can’t do with them. While they’re available from chain home goods and building materials stores, it’s often best to purchase pavers directly from a company that specializes in rock, sand, gravel, and landscaping. You’ll often find a better selection at a better price, which is critical for bigger DIY projects.
The Best Paver Tips and Ideas
You can use pavers anywhere in your landscape, whether you’re building a walkway to your front door or constructing a living space in the backyard. If you’re looking for some of the best ideas for creating a beautiful landscape with plenty of curb appeal, try some of the following ideas.
- Combine pavers and pebbles to create beautiful, geometric shapes. If you want your yard to stand out, try laying out your pavers in beautiful geometric shapes. For example, if you want to build a container garden, lay out your pavers in the shape you prefer, fill in the gaps with pea gravel or river rocks, and place your containers on top.
- Create stunning walkways with pavers. Pavers are some of the best materials to use for building walkways, and thanks to the sheer volume of options, there’s nothing you can’t create. Try combining pavers of assorted colors and textures to make an interesting walkway or stick to one color and style for a more refined look.
- Use pavers to define spaces in your yard. If you have a sitting space between two garden areas in your backyard, consider using pavers between each one to clearly define those spaces. It’s an interesting alternative to other edging materials since it provides a crisp and clean effect.
- Build a complete driveway with pavers. Rather than pouring a traditional concrete driveway, consider DIYing this project with pavers, too! Your driveway is a major feature of your home’s exterior, so making it look nice adds curb appeal. Use pavers that complement the colors and textures of your home for the best possible results.
- DIY a stunning paver pool deck. Rather than building a standard wooden pool deck that requires frequent treatment to prevent rot and discoloration, why not try a paver pool deck, instead? You can buy pavers in pre-cut shapes for a modern look, or you can choose rough cut pavers for a more natural effect.
At RiverBend Materials, pavers are the material of choice when it comes to building walkways, but thanks to their versatility, they can be used for so much more. Whether you want to create a stunning geometric shape in the center of your garden, you want to define the individual spaces in your yard, or you’re looking for an interesting alternative to a simple concrete driveway, pavers are a fantastic and beautiful option. Reach out today and we can help you design a unique use of pavers for your project!